David Mencer is a business and political communications expert with an expertise in business to business, high level fundraising and partnerships between Government and business.
David has been passionate about politics as ‘the art of the possible’ since his first position as a researcher in the House of Commons in 1995. Since then David has provided advice to some of the leading figures in British business and politics including Prime Ministers and major UK Chief Executives. Specialising in opening up the world of business to the public sector, as well as both media relations and corporate communications with and for businesses of all sectors and sizes.
David's clients have included many FTSE 100 and leading international states, major investment banks and high-profile individuals. David has a pre-eminent reputation as a professional and is recognised as one of the leading practitioners because of his experience.
- Created the public affairs operation for Visa Europe in France and Italy from scratch.
- Initiated and ran the fundraising and parliamentary relations work of the Personal Finance Education Group charity. The All Party Parliamentary Group created is now the largest and most effective in Parliament.
- Advised Ministers and senior civil servants in the Department of Education on educational partnerships with major UK business. The value of these partnerships has been independently audited to be £43million to date. Personal responsibility for bringing FTSE 100 Chief Executives together with Ministers and the Prime Minister with the purpose of establishing educational partnerships. Involved developing relationships between CEO and senior business leaders together with Ministers and senior Government officials.
- Advised, worked with and developed senior level and high value relationships with: Airbus, Amec, Arla, Asda, Barclays, BBC, BP, Capital One, Clifford Chance, Experian, EDF, First Group, Ford, Google, GSK, Hewlett Packard, HSBC, JP Morgan, KPMG, Kraft, Land Securities, Lloyds Banking Group, Marks and Spencer, Microsoft, Nestle, Oracle, Prudential, RBS, Thomson Reuters, Rolls Royce, Sainsbury’s, Santander, Shell, Standard Life, Starbucks, Virgin Media, Visa Europe amongst many others.
- Represented and advised the Central Office of Information on Government communications.
- Provided strategic council to the Chairman of the UK Statistics Authority in its first years into the media.
- At Weber Shandwick, the world’s largest PR firm, directed two of the firms biggest clients, the Department of Children Schools and Families and Save Darfur Coalition.
- Elected Councillor in a London Borough in a By-Election with a swing in an exceptionally marginal seat, which won praise from the Prime Minister.
- Advising business icon Gerald Ronson as the Executive Director, Community Security Trust, highly regarded charity.
- Leading the largest foreign policy pro-peace lobbying organisation in the Labour Party at the Labour Friends of Israel. Led over 70 Labour MPs and Ministers across the Middle East. Wrote speeches and press articles for Prime Minister, Chancellor, Foreign Secretary, Cabinet and other Ministers on various subjects.
- Advising senior politicians and orchestrated a strategic General Election campaign for senior politicians involving literature, campaigning events, newspaper, TV and radio appearances that resulted in a landslide victory.